ZooPlantLab was created in early 2007 from Massimo Labra and Maurizio Casiraghi, two researchers at Department of Biotechnology and Biosciences of University of Milano Bicocca.
Massimo Labra and Maurizio Casiraghi work respectively on botanic and zoological topics, sharing molecular biology techniques and the personal concept of making science. The common field on which all the researches and applications met is the interpretation of data in the light of biological evolution.
ZooPlantLab merges scientific and advanced applied researches in the fields of botany and zoology. Most of the projects are based on molecular approaches, but the main keyword of the works is the integration of new and traditional approaches. This philosophy is the core of the several collaborations in which ZooPlantLab is involved.
The laboratory handles broad datasets relative to animal or plant taxa and offers services as DNA extractions, sex determination of commercial birds, genotyping and species identification, education.
University of Milano Bicocca - ZooPlantLab
BTBS – Biotechnology and Biosciences Department
Piazza della Scienza 2 - 20126 Milan - Italy
How to reach ZooPlantLab
- LINE 1 (MM1): Stop to Precotto, then take tram number 7 and stop to Bicocca Scienze.
Alternatively in Precotto take bus 81 and stop to Greco Pirelli.
- LINE 2 (MM2): Stop to Garibaldi and then take tram 7 that stops to Viale Fulvio Testi.
Alternetively, stop to Cascina Gobba and then take bus 44 till Via Cozzi or Via Emanueli.
- LINE 3 (MM3): Stop to Zara and then take the tram 3 till Bicocca Scienze.
By bus and tram
- TRAM 2: From the city centre to Viale Fulvio Testi (intermediate stop Stazione Centrale F.S.)
- TRAM 11: From Città Studi to Viale Fulvio Testi. Intermediate stops: Zara (MM3) and Garibaldi F.S. (MM2).
- BUS 44: From Cascina Gobba (MM2) to Bicocca
- BUS 51: from Via Bussero to Porta Volta - Cimiano (MM2)
- BUS 81: from Sesto San Giovanni to Centrale F. S. - Lambrate F. S.
- AUTOBUS MILANO\MONZA: from Stazione Centrale F. S. stops to Viale Sarca.
From the toll highway Torino - Venezia exit to Milano- Viale Zara and go for Milano Centro (the city centre). Past the beginning of Comune di Milano (leave Star Tourist Hotel on the right) take Viale Sarca, i. e. the parallel way.
Proceed on Viale Sarca for about 1 km; University Bicocca will be on the left.